Everyone has heard of the importance of maintaining clean and moisturised skin. Unfortunately, if you want flawless skin and no wrinkles, removing dead skin cells is kind of necessary. Another problem to this is scrubbing your face is the last thing you want to do before bed. Due to this, over the years I have created the quickest routine I can do whilst still making sure my layer of makeup is removed and my natural face is as shiny as my highlighter.
1. Now before I start, I like to set out all the products that I am going to use so that I don’t forget to skip a step. I tend to use more products if I have heavier makeup on that specific day.
2. First thing I do is use my cleanser to remove any makeup from that day. Here I am using the Emma Hardie cleansing balm. I quite like using it because it feels really smooth and soft when you apply it.
3. To make sure everything is all washed off, use a damp cloth and wipe all that gunk away.
4. Since I had heavy makeup on, I used my trusty Micellar cleansing water with some large cotton pads. I just use these to make sure all my mascara is off and to clean up any bits missed by the first cleanser.
5. Next, it’s time to remove those dead skin cells. To do this I used a face scrub brush and my charcoal facial scrub. Any exfoliator will do but I love this one and its only £1 from Bodycare!
6. Make sure to really get into those problem areas; such as your T-Zone and forehead. These are these areas which collect the most oil and dirt throughout the day. You also want to clean out those pores and blackheads, these should be quite open from the steam.
7. Next use a moisturiser, my favourite is the Nip + Fab Kale Fix moisturiser or the Estee Lauder advanced night repair. I decided to use La Roche-posay Effaclar Duo + as it is brilliant when you have breakouts, and helps prevent scarring.
8. Finally, use a soothing eye cream, to keep your under-eyes and face glowing. I received this one recently and I have to say it is brilliant for reducing discolouration from under your eye.
9. And there you are! A skincare routine for us lazy people!
10. Before & After
Victoria & Jessica Hampton