1. Plane Hotel – Quepos, Costa Rica
The old 1965 Boeing 727 is repurposed and transformed into a luxury hotel.
2. Attrap Reves Hotel – Allauch, France
It is like living in a giant bubble and being in the nature without being disturbed by animals or insects.
3. Inntel Hotel – Zaandam, Netherlands
The inside may look like another hotel but the outside is truly fascinating.
4. Kingston Treehouse – Lion Sands, South Africa
Do you like watching stars before you sleep? Do it under the skies of South Africa on this private luxury treehouse.
5. Mirrorcube Treehotel – Harads, Sweden
There are no mirrors inside and I have no idea why there are mirrors outside but who am I to judge?
6. The Manta Resort – Zanzibar, Tanzania
Sleeping in an aquarium, watching fishes as they swim sounds cool but you can’t bring your kids with you because the maximum capacity of the underwater room is 2 persons.
7. Caravan Hotel (Hüttenpalast) – Berlin, Germany
The company wanted to open a bigger production facility and turn old vacuum-cleaner factory into a profit; a hotel.
8. Free Spirit Spheres – Qualicum Beach, Canada
The room may be small but being on a comfortable treehouse with a tiny electric heater is something you need to experience. The only drawback is being have to skinny because guest weight shouldn’t be more than 300 lbs. (137 kg)
9. Giraffe Manor – Nairobi, Kenya
Staying at Giraffe Manor is like staying at the zoo. There are giraffes wandering around and waiting to be fed.
10. Aescher Cliff Hotel – St. Gallen, Switzerland
This one is my favorite, being one with the nature with a comfort of a hotel or you can call it being inside of The Lord of the Rings movie.
11. Hotel Kakslauttanen – Saariselkä, Finland
Sleeping under starry skies isn’t enough for you? What about sleeping under northern lights? If you don’t mind the snow and a little cold, staying in these modern Igloos will definitely cheer you up.
12. Bambu Indah Hotel – Bali, Indonesia
Bambu Indah Hotel consists of different houses with different names. Not all of them are cool like that but if you want a glass floor above water and fishes, Udang House is what you are looking for.
13. Fairy Chimney Inn Cave Hotel – Nevsehir, Turkey
The thing people call “Fairy Chimneys” are rock formations caused by volcanic eruption. Mount Erciyes, which is located in Kayseri – a city 90 km far from Fairy Chimneys, is a dormant volcano and the last time it erupted was 253 BC. Eruption was so intense that it could reach another city and cause rock formations which people call fairy chimneys. Local residents carve these formations and turn them into profit.